The Disneyland Resort is often adding new magic to its Parks, and 2019 was no exception! Take a look at what’s new at Disneyland, and what’s coming in 2020.
What’s New at Disneyland (and What’s Coming!)
Did you make it to the Disneyland Resort in 2019? It welcomed a lot of new attractions! Thanks to the help of our friends at Get Away Today, we have a look at what’s new at Disneyland as of 2019. When you book your next Southern California vacation package with Get Away Today, make sure you use code FridayApparel for additional savings!
What’s New at Disneyland - As of 2019
Both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park debuted new rides and attractions. Check out our list of what may be new at Disneyland since your last vacation.
- April 2019: Disney surprised guests at Disney California Adventure Park with a soft-open of Jessie’s Critter Carousel in the spring, before its scheduled debut. This ride is fun for all ages, and invites you to climb aboard a cute critter for a spin on Pixar Pier. Jessie’s Critter Carousel is located near the Incredicoaster.
- April 2019: Mickey’s Philharmagic opened in the Sunset Showcase Theater at Disney California Adventure Park last spring. This 4-D show features Donald Duck getting his hands on Mickey’s magic wand and Sorcerer’s hat. As you can guess, it doesn’t go exactly as he planned! Follow along with Donald and enjoy classic Disney tunes and scenes throughout the performance.
- April 2019: BlackTap Craft Burgers and Shakes opened in DownTown Disney, astonishing guests with over-the-top Crazy Shakes and delicious burgers. A pro tip is to skip the lines inside the restaurant and instead order from the walk-up window. The menu is comparable, and you’ll save yourself some time!
- May 2019: At the beginning of 2019, Sleeping Beauty Castle underwent refurbishment. The Castle temporarily closed while the exterior received a dazzling new paint job. It reopened for walk-throughs in May, welcoming guests once again to take those iconic photos in front of its drawbridge. The new exterior features brighter paint and a sprinkling of stars and pixie dust on the roof.
- May 2019: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge debuted at Disneyland Park and invited guests to hop aboard Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run to take an epic journey through the galaxy. Seating six, the ride includes two pilots, two gunners and two engineers. Can you return the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy in one piece?
- October 2019: The Oogie Boogie Bash - A Disney Halloween Party opened at Disney California Adventure Park on select nights during Halloween Time. This separately-ticked Halloween event replaces Mickey’s Halloween Party at the Parks.
What’s New at Disneyland - As of 2020
- January 17, 2020: Star Wars Rise of the Resistance opened in Galaxy’s Edge, completing this new land at Disneyland Park. This immersive experience takes about 20 minutes from start to finish, and if you want to ride you need to join a no-cost Boarding Group. Open the Disneyland app as soon as you get into Disneyland Park at open and click “Join Boarding Group” on the homescreen. If the ride fills up for the day, you will not be able to join a Boarding Group until the next day.
- February 28, 2020: “Magic Happens” Parade makes its way down Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland Park this year. It’s been about a decade since a new daytime parade opened in Disneyland, so we’re looking forward to it! The floats, music and Disney Characters will highlight little moments in Disney and Pixar film history, reminding us when the magic truly happens for them.
- Spring 2020: Plant-based menu options are expected to be available at every Disneyland Resort restaurant this year. You’ll start seeing leaf icons next to menu items that are plant-based, and we can’t wait to try them all!
- Summer 2020: While Disney hasn’t yet released an official open date, we know Avengers Campus Phase 1 hits Disney California Adventure Park sometime this summer. Phase 1 of Avengers Campus includes a new Spider-Man themed ride, WEB Suppliers merchandise and the Ant-Man themed Pym Test Kitchen Microbrewery.
- August 27, 2020: Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite invites guests to attend a separately-ticketed event that kicks off in Tomorrowland. The after-hours experience makes its way to Galaxy’s Edge for a Twin Moons Eclipse Day Celebration, and it includes fireworks, photo opportunities, themed food and music and a souvenir event guide.
Book with Get Away Today and See What’s New!
Are you excited about the new rides and attractions coming to Disneyland this year? If you’re ready to start planning, you can visit www.getawaytoday.com or call 855-GET-AWAY to speak to a travel specialist directly. When you book a Southern California vacation package (theme park tickets and hotel) with Get Away Today, let them know Friday Apparel sent you and use our code FridayApparel for an additional $10 in savings.
Don't forget your vacay outfit!
If you love the Classics:
If you love Star Wars:
If you are a Disney Princess: